Queens of Deliria & Bootlegs

Andrew A. Apold mordru at MAGG.NET
Tue Mar 18 19:52:05 EST 1997

>Firstly, Bryan wrote:
>>One thing in particular, though:  They listed in their catalogue
>>the SF book _Queens of Deliria_ but the price seemed too high.  I've
>>got the first in the series _Time of the Hawklords_ (which is not
>>that good, really), and I do want to get the next one anyways.
>
>Foget it, it's utter drivel - did MM actually write a word of this (does
>anybody know), or has it just got his name on the front.  I have just about
>every book he's written, & the two "Hawklords" books make Club Ninja seem like
>Secret treaties (to micx metaphors & list sections) - Bryan: if you are really

The first book was from an idea by MM and the company stuck his name
on the book against his wishes.  They tried to do the same on the second
book, unsuccessfully.  I read it just to read it, it was kind of amusing in a
hazy sort of way.  Elton John the source of all evil.....  the feel I got for it
may have seemed similar in a very minor way to Hawkmoon in his second
set of chronicles, especially when he was all lethargic, listless, and
depressed.  And they both go to America eventually.  But it is in no way
to be confused with good sf (arguably, since it portrays Doug Smith in a
positive light, it must be considered fantasy and not sf at all....)

Roger Shrubstaff               "I was corrupt before I had power!" - Random

Baron of Silverwater, Kingdom of the Burning Lands (Amtgard)
http://www.magg.net/~mordru/silver.htm
(Andrew A. Apold)