OFF Jeff Beck/Punky Meadows/Angel/Frank Zappa/Friday Afternoon

Chris Warburton desdinova at HOTMAIL.COM
Sat Mar 22 20:10:29 EST 1997

**HANGS HEAD IN SHAME**

>Have you ever heard FZ's BABY SNAKES or LIVE IN NY release? If you
>haven't, the line above >(and several others I used) were take
>directly from a track that appears on those releases, titled
>"Punky's Whips".

Not only do I know the track (I have"Baby Snakes" but my "Live in NY" is the
'censored' vinyl double), not only am I a huge FZ fan, but the first time I
ever saw Zappa was with that band & he PERFORMED it. GROAN.  I recognised the
latter part, but had forgotten the JB reference - hence my somewhat intemperate
outburst.

My only excuse is that age has addled my brain (along with seeing a different
new guitar hero acclaimed in every one of the last 25 years, most of whom
couldn't play their way out of a paper bag).

>So, relax, it was all a bit of humour!

OK, I'll let you off this time :--{)>

OBDecorating Music: Live 1976 & Rainbow- Live in Germany