Dncing and all. was: (from Shari again)

Ron Jennings sprawl at STARLINX.COM
Tue Mar 25 07:05:24 EST 1997

William Duffy wrote:

> I agree. The HW dancers I've seen (on video, at least) don't seem to be
> performing in any form of sexual titilation. If anyone want's to view
> that sort of thing, maybe they should take a look at most of the top 40
> film clips.

there are two types of women who dance for HW. one group the band brings, who are
actual dancers. and the others are volunteers from opening acts or fans.
the dancers on the 96 euro tour did not set out to tittilate, although with a
mostly male audience who've mostly had a few beers, it happened anyway.
(my wife and i talked to them afterwards, and they do NOT enjoy the catcalls.)
in 95 at atlanta masquerade, a girlfriend of one member from the opener
volunteered to dance. dave said yes, because the stage was large, and some
front-stage movement would only add to it. everyone, including the band,
was surprised when she got nekkid.

> I read recently on this list that he was apparantly involved in some way
> with the gay movement. Couldn't he not be involved, and have a
> girlfriend as well? Also, does he mean girlfriend in the way we think??
> Of course, since the band has had more members than 2 soccer teams put
> together, then there is always the possibility of at least one gay
> member.

i don't think you have to be a homosexual to believe they have rights...

> On the subject of female members, Don't forget Kris Tait, who I would
> regard as a silent member, in much the same way as Stacia was.

i think kris's fire act is a definite plus to the bands stage act.
she also does a lot of the choreography<sp?> for the other members as well as dancers.
and don't ever slander her, (not that anyone has), because i believe she is a
driving force behind HW's continued touring.
anyone who has seen the shows only in the US have not seen the whole experience.
kris plays a big role in the difference.
=)
rj (ron and karyn)