OFF: Eloy-L

Marshall Wood mwood at SLICE.AGILE.COM
Wed Mar 26 13:40:30 EST 1997

>Seems like a Eloy list these days. Anyone have the LP of Colours? there is zero info on the CD. Can anyone tell me the band or if is the same band as on Ocean or Planets.

According to the unofficial (but most complete) Eloy web
page (http://www.mcs.net/~mikebo/eloy.html), the line-up
on _Ocean_ (1977), _Live_ (1978), and _Silent Cries &
Mighty Echoes_ (1979) was:

  Frank Bornemann (Lead Vocals/Guitar)
  Klaus-Peter Matziol (Bass/Vocals)
  Detlev Schmidtchen (Keyboards)
  Jurgen Rosenthal (Drums)

_Colours_ (1980) & _Planets_ (1981) were recorded by:

  Frank Bornemann (Lead Vocals, Electric and Accoustic Guitars)
  Klaus-Peter Matziol (Bass Guitars, Vocals)
  Hannes Arkona (Electric and Acoustic Guitars)
  Hannes Folberth (Keyboards)
  Jim McGillivray (Drums, Percussion)

>Also what is the Wild Geese sndtrk like?

I saw the movie once a long time ago, but can't recall
the soundtrack.  I know that Bornemann was not involved.

>OnTheCD:  Colours-Eloy (boy those lyrics on horizons sure seem familiar.)

I'm sure you know, but just in case, the lyrics were
"borrowed" from Yes' "The Revealing Science of God" off
of _Tales from Topographic Oceans_.  I wonder if there
were/are any legal ramifications to that.

obHW: Found a copy of the Griffin version of _Live
      Chronicles_ last week!  I thought I had missed
      the boat on that one.  And it is excellent.

MWood

NP: _Astounding Sounds, Amazing Music_ - HW