Bevis Frond, was:muscle and ade

Paul Mather paul at CSGRAD.CS.VT.EDU
Thu Mar 27 14:53:19 EST 1997

On Thu, 27 Mar 1997, Jon Browne wrote:

> I started with Miasma, didn't get any further. Is this not
> representative then?

I don't think _Miasma_ is the best place to start.  I know many people who
are put off by the lo-fi nature of the early Bevis Frond releases, coupled
with their wild, unstructured ways.  (Of the early releases, I much prefer
_Inner Marshland_.)

I started with _New River Head_, was instantly hooked, and have never
looked back.  (I have all the Bevis Frond albums, bar the latest one, _Son
of Walter_.)  I strongly suggest you give it a try.  I doubt you'll be
disappointed! _A Gathering of Fronds_ is well worth trying, too, as it
contains a range of material from early releases up to circa _New River
Head_.  (Plus, it contains the excellent "High in a Flat.")

Cheers,

Paul.

obCD: The Bevis Frond, _A Gathering of Fronds_

e-mail: paul at csgrad.cs.vt.edu                    A stranger in a strange land.