BOC: Bad Channels

Nick English nick at THECAMPUS.COM
Mon May 5 08:53:01 EDT 1997

I've only been on this list a couple months, but I've seen
surprisingly little commentary on Demon's Kiss or The Horsemen
Arrive, the two new tracks BOC did for the Bad Channels soundtrack
about five years ago. I thought Horsemen was an awesome tune, and
Kiss wasn't too bad. How many people out there actually own the Bad
Channels disc? Not that it's new stuff anymore, but if anyone out
there who's waiting patiently for EW hasn't heard these tunes, I
highly recommend them. Also, does anyone have any info on Sykotic
Sinfoney (I think I spelled it right)? They contributed two really
cool tunes to the soundtrack, but I've never been able to find
anything else by them.

On a slightly related note, there was some discussion about
memoribilia that should be in any die-hard BOC fan's collection. How
about this one:  An official Cult Brothers T-shirt. Yes, I have
one...bought it after a super gig at the now-defunct L.I.E. in
Binghamton, New York many a year ago. Joe was an incredibly
cool guy, and the original tunes he played should have ended up on
disc somewhere, especially "A Hot Time in Hell". I vote for Joe as
the most underrated and least appreciated past or present member of
the band.

--Nick