OFF:Thor?

Alan Troup ALAN_TROUP at NOVELL.COM
Wed May 28 07:49:25 EDT 1997

Around the time I began collecting Hawkwind, I also
was into a group called Thor.  Anyone know anything
about what became of this group?

Here's all I know:   The leader was a bodybuilder-type
named Jon Mikl.  The first album was Nordic-sounding
pop with a slight metal bent.  The second and third
albums came out much later (like 7 years or so later)
and the whole group had changed.  Still Norse, but
extremely heavy metal, and actually starting to sound
quite good.  They put out a live album and then dropped
out of sight.  (Somewhere in there, Jon Mikl starred in
a "B" horror flick where he played a muscle-bound zombie.)
I also have an EP ("Thunder on the Tundra") bringing the
total to 5 pieces of vinyl.

Anyway, if anyone has news, I'd 'preciate it!

Alan