HW: Jerry Richards, Lemmy, Sator Codex

Ola Nyberg ola.nyberg at SYSTEM3R.SE
Thu Nov 6 10:57:46 EST 1997

Dear Hawkfrendz,

 --- Jerry Richards ---
Is there somebody out there in Hawkland who can help me out here...

I just remembered something I must have read in a HWFB newsletter or
perhaps in some issue of HF: A few years back HW did a tour (in Europe, I
think) without Dave Brock (he was knackered or something). Yes, I know,
it sounds unbelievable, HW without Commander Brock! They were a
three-piece and some dude replaced Dave on guitar (and vocals?).

My question is: Was this guitarist by any chance Jerry Richards? Can the
man sing? (How could anyone replace Dave on a song like the Golden Void?
I've seen Alan sing it, and it wasn't that great...).

 --- Lemmy ---
There's been a rumour that Lemmy would team up with the Hawks for a
couple of dates on the current UK tour, since Motorhead are/were touring
England's green and pleasant land at the same time.

Anybody know if Lemmy showed up this time around?

 --- Sator Codex ---
Sweden's Sator Codex did a great (and different!) cover version of
*Master of the Universe* on their debut album *Wanna Start A Fire?* in
1986. Do all of you Hawkheads out there know about this album? It's quite
(aarrggghhh, I hate to use this word) progressive and keyboard-oriented
with a slight melancholic touch (Sisters of Mercy type feeling). Anyway,
I like it and recommend it.

Sator Codex lost their singer and then changed their name to Sator and
started playing some sort of industrial punk (I invented that one myself,
sorry...), punk rock with lots of weird synth/keyboard effects that is,
and then moved on to more conventional pop punk. They haven't released an
album for a number of years now, I think.

Ola Nyberg