OFF: DIGEST problems, Screaming Dizbusters

Daniel Wikdahl mpj95wid at MC.HIK.SE
Fri Nov 7 10:54:51 EST 1997

Chris writes;
>Hey, not so fast.

Not so fast? Are two years too fast? :-)
(... but, OK - I'll take it easier next time ;-)

>  I've been a Nomads fan for years.  They just did a swing
>through US west coast last week,

I didn't know that.

>and played at the sold out Garage Shock fest in Bellingham WA.  I couldn't
>go due to a broken arm, but my friend
>said they were awesome
>
>I would recommend to anyone the  _Showdown!_  CD on Sympathy For the Record
>Industry.  Also "Raw and Rare" on Estrus has
>has some of their obscure singles, but no BOC songs unfortunately.

I'm not sure, but I think TatSoL is the only BOC song they've recorded.
But, they're one of very few bands I ever heard mention BOC (BOC in the
'70s) as a strong influence on their music.

>Some other cool 80's-era Swedish bands are Leather Nun, Shoutless, Wilmer
>X, and Union Carbide Productions.

I'm impressed! You're a educated man Chris!
...and I must admit I've never heard of a band called Shoutless... who are/were
they?
Both Union Carbide Productions and Leather Nun (or Läder Nunnan) rocked!
Some ex-members of UCP are playing together again in a band called
Soundtrack of our Lives - worth to check out.

Blue for Two is another cool Swedish band from the '80s... they
played some kind of strange narco-rock... or something...

                        mvh -Daniel

"Byalagen är rådgivare åt de politiska nämnderna, så är det."
                                        -Joachim Håkansson

Daniel Wikdahl
Kaptensgatan 2a
S-39 236 KALMAR