HW : Too long albums (was NEW ALBUM ROCKS!!!!)

William Duffy xl5 at IINET.NET.AU
Sun Nov 9 23:34:12 EST 1997

>So what we need is albums where the artists has to pick the best, say,
>seven songs out of, say, fourteen, instead of getting the full output since
>the last album, anyone agree ?

The problem nowadays is that artists now have to fit into a larger format
because of the size CD's hold, compared to LP, otherwise they feel they are
shortchanging  their fans.
Maybe the best way around this is to record about 45 mins. of new material,
then fill up the rest of the disk with live material, old 'b' sides, etc.,
and credit these as 'Extra Material'.

William