BOC: George Geranios on ETL

Chuck Saden AgentOF at AOL.COM
Fri Nov 14 01:12:34 EST 1997

oh, here's the rest of it...

>>Regarding live albums, it was common in the seventies for bands like KISS
to put out 'live" records that were mostly, if not all, studio creations.
Perhaps the projects began as live multitracks, and upon careful reflection
most everything got replaced. It's said that one famous album is just
basically a fake, begun and ended in a studio.
I can't speak for the earlier albums, but ETL contains only two overdubs:
     Bucks vocal in the Reaper was sung well, but the engineer who recored
the live multitrack (I waz at front-of-house) overcompressed the vocal,
rendering it unusable.
     Joe replaced a bass part (in what song I have long-ago forgotten)
because he felt he had "clammed." That's it-all the rest totally live.
     To answer your question, no I haven't explored any chat (alt) type
sites. I'll eventually get there, I'm sure.  Gotta run, In LA with
Anthrax.......gpg

chuck
http://www.ultrawave.com/rose/