HW on call (was Re: HW: 1999 Party lineup?)

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Fri Nov 21 08:59:28 EST 1997

On tor 20 nov 1997 16.01 +0000 "Dave Berry" <daveb at HARLEQUIN.CO.UK> wrote:
> On 19 Nov 17:41, Carl E. Anderson wrote:
>>     Well, I can hum pretty much all the bass part from "Orgone
Accumulator"

> I have this bizarre image of a bunch of Oxbridge eccentrics adopting this
> as a new sport, and Carl earning a quarter-blue for representing
Cambridge
> against the Other Place.

[toffee-nosed accent]
    Hum, yes, well, I blangad for Cambridge, don't you know old chap?
[/toffee-nosed accent]

> And then explaining to a bemused BBC reporter
> what an Orgone Accumulator is, and how you can hum one.

    I yet regret not having made an orgone accumulator of a size
appropriate to place my beer-brewing equipment.  Someday ... :)

>>     Nik's voice dipped below the passable some time ago :)  I like it
>> better than the first Nikwind CD, but now that I have _1999_ I may send
it
>> back to the warehouse (ooo, except for the cool "Lord of the Hornets"
...)

> That's probably my favourite of this album.  Maybe we can persuade the
> new line-up to do this one live?

    That would be worthwhile :)

>>     The EQ was not good on 1916, but I like the material.  I really like
>> the recent Motorhead stuff quite well (Beats the hell out of the recent
>> Metallica stuff, anyway :)
>
> I'll have to take your word for that :-)

    Lemmy is Lemmy.  Though the occasionally dodgy track surfaces, the man
delivers the goods :)

Cheers,
Carl

--