OFF: GONG (Re: Off: Music help)

Christian Mumford cannibal at CUTEY.COM
Fri Nov 21 12:01:45 EST 1997

At 10:24 21.11.97 -0500, Keith Henderson wrote:

>P.S.  Anybody heard that Gong - You (remixed) CD yet??

YES!

>  Is it worthwhile, or
>is it just annoying crap like so-called 'remixed HW'.

Definetly worthwile, and in a whole other sphere than that (mostly)
halfassed HW Solstice thingy. The Gong CD actually has BIG names doing
these mixes, like Orb, System 7, Shamen etc. and not a struggling "has
been" act like Utah Saints and and a bunch of (deservedly) unknowns.... :)

I'll put it this way - the original You always struck me as 20 years
ahead of its time both technologically and musically... the remix
brings it up from 1994 to 2014.... the Most Holy Magick Cosmic Groove
is preserved faithfully, and expanded upon... my faves here would be the
Mad Stof remix of "Master Builder" and System 7's "A Sprinkling Of Clouds".
System 7 happens to be a band in their own right, which coincidentally
consist of Steve Hillage and Miquette Giraudy.

The only negative thing I might have to say about it is that it's a little
unnecessary to have it as a double CD with with more remixes of the same
tracks, but still it's IMO worth every penny....

Christian