the truth is out there

Max Wilcox s333271 at STUDENT.UQ.EDU.AU
Fri Nov 21 14:06:37 EST 1997

On Saturday, November 22, 1997 4:50 AM, Ted Jackson jr.
[SMTP:tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU] wrote:

> Don't most of those death metal dudes simply use satanic trappings as
> a substitute for 'real' evil?  I mean they employ that imagery and
> use satanic themes because if they did anything truly evil in life,
> they'd get thrown in jail.  An outlet for the darker side without
> having to actually be dark...

        All those "oh-er aren't they satanic" bands such as Maralyn Manson realy
only like to use that imagery so as to appear all nasty and "I wouldn't
want *my* kids to listen to that music"-sort of thing.
        Speaking of Satan, the leader of the Church of Satan, Anton LaVey just
died. Very dodgy organisation, actually. When you read a small amount of
their literature, they say that the only reason that they use all the
christian-based imagery is to be anti-establishment. But when you get down
to the actual theories, they're just Nazis. Well, that's my opinion,
anyway....

-=- Max Wilcox -=-