OFF: reply to the truth is out there

blyoung blyoung at BIGFOOT.COM
Sat Nov 22 13:48:30 EST 1997

>> Where are
>>your scientific proofs that Satan does not exist?
>
>That's not how it works, though. The burden of proof is on the
claimant.

OK, I'm not the claimant.  I'm not standing there saying that the
devil is real or false.  I gave my opinion and said it was only
an opinion.

He's the one claiming there is no devil.  Therefore, he should
prove it.  If he gets proof, then my opinion will be easily
swayed.

>Where is your scientific proof that Venus is not inhabited by pink
>elephants? It's up to you to establish your point. Where is your
>scientific proof that Satan exists?

I am NOT claiming that Satan exists, so I shouldn't have to prove
anything.  I said that I don't know, but I like to believe it.

>But then, you're not talking about anything scientific anyway.

Yes, I'm not!!!  That's the whole point of my message.  The problem
with the internet is that sarcasm really doesn't carry well.

Read my original message, and you'll see that my message is very
sarcastic.

He says that "in 1997 we should not have any more people dealing
with foolishness like the devil".

And my point was that why should 1997 be any more enlightened
than any other era.

Did anybody reply to that????  NO!  Everybody and his dog replies
to the fact that I said my personal opinion was that the devil exists
and if he wants his personal opinion to masquerade as scientific
canon then he'd better have proof.

Why didn't at least ONE person clue in to the point that I made
a very pointed criticism at the ignorance of our times, despite
the advances we've made in world communication, education, literacy,
etc?

It seems like everybody is so anti-Religion that they missed the
first statement which set the tone of my message and jumped on the
indignant reply bandwagon.  Anyways, if my personal beliefs work
for me, I can't expect them to work for you unless you think
like I do.  And obviously you don't.  I'm not trying to force
you to do anything, but I have found a God that is loving and
I didn't find him in a church but I did find him in the Bible,
which also tells me about the devil.  Works for me, but I'm
not asking you to believe likewise.

If all the sheep in the world become trained to deny the possibility
of a higher power, then great.  But at least have REASONS for making
this choice.  Otherwise they're just sheep.

Sheep #455321:  "In 1997, you'd think people would not believe in the
devil"
Free-thinker: "Why should 1997 be so special?"
Sheep #455321: "Well, EVERYBODY knows the devil is foolish."
Free-thinker: "I believe in the devil.  Just my opinion, but where's
your proof if you think there is none?"
Sheep #110203: "He doesn't have to prove it!  You do!"
Sheep #667313: "You PROVE that there IS a devil first!"
Sheep #455321: "The devil is foolishness!"
Free-thinker: "What about my original statement:  1997 is not special in
terms of enlightenment.  Look at you sheep!  You all think the same
things!!!!!"
Sheep #193211: "What!  There is no devil!  You are weird!"
Sheep #556921: "There is no devil AD NAUSEUM"

Sorry to rant like this.  I am currently feeling misunderstood,
though.

Bryan

Bryan Young       CANADA       blyoung AT bigfoot DOT com
Visit these webpages!         Everybody else is doing it!