HW: DH vs. ... (Forward)

langner timothy 96163497 at BROOKES.AC.UK
Sun Nov 23 09:53:21 EST 1997

>That's Gremlin Part 1 is it not?  Actually I think that Hawkwind
>at the moment are doing a small section from the end of Gremlin
>Part Two (or maybe some edited chunks before the last few lines -
>I haven't checked it against the full lyrics yet).

FORGET MY PERVIOUS POSTING THEN! I assume their was only 1 germlin

>The complete lyrics follow below.......

Thanks. I've worked out rouhgly which bits come from where, now I know what
rons singing. That can be a problem with some hawkwind songs.

>Every time I hear it
>I wish they'd continue it for another 15 mins or more.

:)))

> Wonderful sound - but lyrics are really sorta nasty!    I dunno much about
>Death Metal but it reads just like a track that genre of band
>ought to be playing!

Thats what I thought but then I thouhgt if it was a death metal band the
beining would have coniuted and their would be no beauitful tune. I doubt I
could listen to a load of verses of the beining it needs the keybaord backing
to give it something. I acutly hate death metal becuase they are often
tuneless (well to my ears any way).

>The Gremlin (Part Two)
>
>Death to engines in the air
>chaos take the human wing
>death to jet and turbo prop
>death to stick and death to string
>ruin to the fuselage
>destruction to the aerolon
>death to the spaceman and his craft
>its ugly landing legs despatch.

Thats the beining bit + a bit from later on replacing soem earlier lines

>no mercy for the rudder bar
>no mercy for the tail plane
>a singe for the handle-bar mustache

And then ron sings eiher:

>cremation for the bone-domed brain
or
>cramp for the bird man at his height.

>From memory it sounds like he ends on the wrods height. But I do know he
sings the words a singe for the handle....

Interesting mix of words from different bits of the song but I tihnk I'd
rather have heard the whole song.