OFF: reply to the truth is out there

Ted Jackson jr. tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Mon Nov 24 07:18:15 EST 1997

> From:          blyoung <blyoung at BIGFOOT.COM>

> He says that "in 1997 we should not have any more people dealing
> with foolishness like the devil".
>
> And my point was that why should 1997 be any more enlightened
> than any other era.
>
> Did anybody reply to that????  NO!  Everybody and his dog replies
> to the fact that I said my personal opinion was that the devil exists
> and if he wants his personal opinion to masquerade as scientific
> canon then he'd better have proof.
>
> Why didn't at least ONE person clue in to the point that I made
> a very pointed criticism at the ignorance of our times, despite
> the advances we've made in world communication, education, literacy,
> etc?

The ignorance of our times is quite apparent, as there are still
plenty of people out there who believe in angels, devils, heaven,
hell, etc.  All fine stuff except for the fact that not one shred of
evidence exists to prove it...Believe whatever the fuck you want to
believe, but don't try to say it's logical or proveable...

> It seems like everybody is so anti-Religion that they missed the
> first statement which set the tone of my message and jumped on the
> indignant reply bandwagon.  Anyways, if my personal beliefs work
> for me, I can't expect them to work for you unless you think
> like I do.  And obviously you don't.  I'm not trying to force
> you to do anything, but I have found a God that is loving and
> I didn't find him in a church but I did find him in the Bible,
> which also tells me about the devil.  Works for me, but I'm
> not asking you to believe likewise.

What's all this Him business?  god is a man?  Who's seen this entity,
and why would an omnipotent being have human form?  And why a man,
not a woman?