OFF: reply to the truth is out there

Troy Harris fiskare at WEBCONCEPT.COM.AU
Mon Nov 24 07:46:13 EST 1997

At 08:18 AM 24/11/97 EDT, Ted Jackson jr. wrote:
>The ignorance of our times is quite apparent, as there are still
>plenty of people out there who believe in angels, devils, heaven,
>hell, etc.  All fine stuff except for the fact that not one shred of
>evidence exists to prove it...Believe whatever the fuck you want to
>believe, but don't try to say it's logical or proveable...

  Dear oh dear.  The ignorance of our times is indeed apparent, when someone
says there is no evidence to prove such things, when indeed, he has not the
omniscience to say so himself.
  The beliefs of others are indeed logical and provable *to them*.  That is
the nature of "proof". In religious belief,  it is enough to compel assent.
If it is to be understood as offering reasons for belief such as can be
satisfactory to intelligent persons, then proof of the existence of such
things is both possible and necessary.

>> It seems like everybody is so anti-Religion that they missed the
>> first statement which set the tone of my message and jumped on the
>> indignant reply bandwagon.  Anyways, if my personal beliefs work
>> for me, I can't expect them to work for you unless you think
>> like I do.  And obviously you don't.  I'm not trying to force
>> you to do anything, but I have found a God that is loving and
>> I didn't find him in a church but I did find him in the Bible,
>> which also tells me about the devil.  Works for me, but I'm
>> not asking you to believe likewise.
>>
>What's all this Him business?  god is a man?  Who's seen this entity,
>and why would an omnipotent being have human form?  And why a man,
>not a woman?

  Perhaps you should take some time on another forum to understand
theological prolegomena.  Whether you agree or not, it would be beneficial
to your queries.

  Troy

        Troy Harris

        PO Box 18  Mornington, Victoria, Australia , 3931

        +61-3-5985 85 86

        fiskare at webconcept.com.au
        tlh at rubens.its.unimelb.edu.au