OFF: Heathrow/London help

Rich Lockwood rich-l at GEOCITIES.COM
Thu Oct 2 04:58:13 EDT 1997

> couldnt even get a cab to take us to brixton, despite the law that    >said he must.

Ah.  Common mistake.  There is *no* law that says cab drivers have to do
anything - other than a strict charging structure.  This tends to lead
to loud drunken arguments on a Friday night.

Anyway - if you've only got a couple of hours, I'd reckon that you'd
have just about enough time to get into town, grab a quick pint and a
sandwich, and get back to Heathrow.  Probably not worth it, as I'm
fairly sure there's a Tap and Spile or a Wetherspoons pub at Heathrow,
both of which do reasonable imitations of pub food.

Cheers,

Rich.

** Sign on you crazy diamond **