Next BOC Album

brian halligan brianh at PULLEYN.COM
Tue Oct 7 08:56:54 EDT 1997

        > As a non-BOC person, the track list on ETL looked pretty good.
Why don't
        > people like it?  Are they relatively poor performances, or
crap sound?

        This was the first BOC live album I bought (because of the cover
art).
        It's like watching a movie based on a book without reading the
book
        first.  You love the movie, but when you finally do read the
book, you
        find that the screenplay pales in comparison.

        The sound is clean (though not as clean as SEE), but it lacks
the
        energy, and little mistakes, that make On Your Feet so much more
        powerful.  When I bought OYF about a month or two later, I began
        think that maybe ETL wasn't the end-all of live albums.

        ETL is worth having for its live versions of "Joan Crawford",
"Roadhouse
        Blues", and "Dominance & Submission".  I like this version of
"JC"
        almost better than the one on FoUO.

        Brian

Brian Halligan
Copywriter Intern
Buck & Pulleyn
brianh at pulleyn.com

An idle mind is the playground of the person
within whose head rests the mind.