Next BOC Album

Troy Harris fiskare at WEBCONCEPT.COM.AU
Tue Oct 7 22:59:27 EDT 1997

At 10:22 AM 7/10/97 EDT, Ted Jackson jr. 6L6 wrote:

>Right!  I may put down the albums you mentioned, but only in terms of
>RELATIVE merit.  Even a shitty BOC song is better than most any
>band's best material.  We know what greatness BOC is capable of, so
>when some material falls short of our expectations, we can't help but
>react...

  ....and...
>No kidding?  Wow!  I remember being bitterly disappointed when
>Mirrors came out, but I was lucky enough to see BOC live in support
>of the album, and they rocked.  So I figured Mirrors was just a blip
>on the screen...

 Yeah!  Now there's a good point!  Relativity.  I remember when Mirrors came
out here in Aust.  We all went and bought it.  Sure, it was not metal, but
the heavy tracks were awesome and the pop tunes were the best available
anywhere.  All you had otherwise was Styx and Cheap Trick who never were big
over here.  The way the fans saw it here was BOC trying something new, with
the usual exemplary playing from all on deck.  It was well received.
  We wish we were lucky enough to see them live in support of any album.
  I remember that BOC was known amongst those who were not fans as "the band
who had a singer who looked like Jeff Lynne".  How sad.

   Troy

>theo

>"It's legal, but it's not 100 percent legal..."
>
>--V. Vega

        Troy Harris

        PO Box 18  Mornington, Victoria, Australia , 3931

        +61-3-5985 85 86

        fiskare at webconcept.com.au
        tlh at rubens.its.unimelb.edu.au