Like BOC Threads I'm Back

Tue Oct 21 08:06:13 EDT 1997

> From:          Albert T Bouchard <ir004728 at MINDSPRING.COM>

> Theo posts:
>
> >As AB suggests, Al has been conspicuously silent lately.  What's up
> >Al?  And Al, who made you the guitar that you're playing on the cover
> >of the new Sony Compilation, Don't Fear the Reaper?  Is that a
> >Giuliano creation?
>
> I've been busy recording, mixing, sequencing, mastering, artworking,
> cataloging, mailing, stamping, carrying and paying for stuff. Check your
> snail mailbox for deatils.
>
> Haven't seen the new comp. Gosh, when are they going to put out something
> new? I bought the Giuliano guitar after I was out of the BOC loop, so it
> wouldn't have been that one.
> Al

The guitar is a double-cutaway, 2 humbucker, brown sunburst, bound
top.  Looks a bit like a Les paul, but double-cutaway.  Block inlay,
gibson-looking headstock, appears to be bound.  I'm thinking the
photo is late 70s, maybe.  Buck is wearing a white suit, not the spaceman outfit.
He's playing his Les Paul, though he did play a Paul sometimes even
after he got his Giulianos?

What is your Giuliano like?  I almost bought one back then myself.
He had one that he built for some guy who never came up with the
bread.  It was a Vulcan, I think, the model BD used...

theo