HW Crap

Scott Heller heller at HAGEDORN.DK
Wed Oct 22 05:27:12 EDT 1997

Hej,

        A lot has been going thru my mind about HW lately.  It seems that
most everyone has settled in with Alan being gone and Ron being the front
man.  I guess a lot of Ron's playing is dependent on his chemical state...
I have thought he sounded quite good on some of the shows I have heard but
he is of course no Alan, but that is ok.  I really quite like the new songs
that I have heard, Alchemy, Wheels, and Raptoid Vision.  They have
interesting lyrics, good guitar riffs, etc...  I will be curious to see how
the new lp is? Has there ever really been one that sucked, that you just
couldn't listen to?  I don't think so.    I just hope that Capt. Rizz is
not rapping all over the new lp. That guy has either got to go or do
something more interesting and not just rap the same shit over and over...

        What has happened to the set list? They have been playing the exact
same set since July (Spain show). DOes Jerry not know enough tunes that
they can even change one song? It is the same set every night on the US and
UK tour as far as I have seen.. Come on Dave..... I think the sequence of
Assault and Battery and Golden Void sound great.  They brought this back a
year ago in Greece though.  Also Aerospace Age Inferno I have quite
enjoyed.   They only did Uncle Sams on Mars at a couple of shows in the
last year as well as Steppenwolf, both great Calvert numbers.  Looks like
they will not change the set at all for this tour. I guess we will have to
wait until the next tour next year.

I look forward to the reviews of the new lp. Remember the new Ozric
Tentacles CD, Curious Corn is out in the UK on Oct 27th!  You can order it
from Delerium/Freak Emporium for 11 pds.

scott

ObMD- Spiritualized- Lille Vega, København, Denmark 27/9/97

R. Scott Heller PhD
Hagedorn Research Institute
Niels Steensensvej 6
DK 2820 Gentofte Denmark