HW Crap (Forward)

langner timothy 96163497 at BROOKES.AC.UK
Thu Oct 23 14:23:31 EDT 1997

Dave said:
>Neither was Alan when he first joined :-) !  It's a shame Alan left -- if
>Ron were just on vocals, with Crum and Jerry as well, it would be quite
>a band!  But I suppose this would never have happened if Alan had stayed.

What is Crum like? Is he audioable and even better, visable? Or is he like the
keybaord player on the Night of the hawks video (thmpson someone can't remeber
exact name, but he was rearly shown).

>Not quite.  They've dropped Needle Gun, and added Song Of The Gremlin.

Where does song of the gremlin come from? I think I've heard of the title
before (but not heard the song)

>> Does Jerry not know enough tunes that they can even change one song?

Do you need to know the hawkwind tunes? As long as you have a basic idea and
can play the guitar well, in a spacy style, it shouldn't be difficult.
Hawkwidn alwasy cahnge what they sound like any way. I have jet to find a
hawkwind song which sounds quite identical to the last time it was played. But
for most good big bands around I could name almost ever night on a tour.

>Or play a second encore at some gigs?  The crowd was up for it at Edinburgh,
>and it's not as if it was late when the band left the stage.

Well I'm hoping they will do a second encore at their last gig of the tour. Or
any time I go to see them. Besides Jerry played last July and that gig wasn't
idential to this tour so he must know a few more. After all they idd researsh
before the tour!

Timmy Langner