OFF: Make It Stop Please!/ Old Farts (Cont.)

Fri Oct 31 08:15:13 EST 1997

> From:          "BREVARD, Adrian R." <abrevard at SHL.COM>

> JS>Well, I like to *think* so.  Part of this characterization comes from
> the
> fact that, well I have a confession - I like Veruca Salt.  Now, most of
> this band's fans appear to be 14-17 year old girls, and I've dropped in
> on a web message board (very similar to Jack Heffling's most-excellent
> BOC discussion board), and I find I can't relate too well to alot of the
> fans posting there.  They talk about make-up, how much they hate their
> schoolwork, their parents (some of them obviously have some rather,
> IMHO,
> f**ked-up family situations which has really warped their views of the
> world), and how f**king awesome their favorite band is in ways that have
> little or nothing to do with the band's musical output.  Reading that
> stuff definitely makes me feel like an "old fart".

Well, I have no kids, but I'm wondering what makes their family life
so fucked up.   Is it because their parents won't let them date the
local crack dealer at age 14, or cause their old man gets drunk and
wants to have sex with them?

theo