OFF: Concept Album-o-rama

Matthew Braun mbraun at URBANA.CSS.MOT.COM
Wed Sep 3 00:37:40 EDT 1997

Bolts of Ungodly vision <scruto19 at POTSDAM.EDU> writes:
>why is it so few American bands in the rock genre can put out a real
>classsic concept album (excepting _Imaginos_ of course)?
>If you can think of a good concept LP by an American band from the
>appropriet 70s era, let me know or let the list know for that.

70's, eh?  How about those by Alice Cooper? "Alice Cooper Goes To Hell",
"From The Inside", "Welcome To My Nightmare", "Billion Dollar Babies",
"School's Out".  In the 90's, he did (the excellent) "The Last Temptation".

The 80's had some interesting ones, such as David+David's "Boomtown",
(burning out in LA), and Warren Zevon's "Transverse City" (cyberpunk/future
shock).
                                        m@

+-mbraun at urbana.css.mot.com-+- I was trailing a ghost pale and white ---------+
|   Matt Braun -- Motorola, |    and hard to see;  The boys in blue from      |
|  Urbana, IL Design Centre |  Peculiar School are hangin' out in the dark    |
+Cellular Subscriber Sector-+--- and they're lookin' for me. ------------[SR]-+