OFF: Concept Album-o-rama

EF des at SUPERLINK.NET
Wed Sep 3 02:39:05 EDT 1997

> Well, the Who aren't British...  but they _are_ Canadian, and another
> Canadian group, namely Rush, have a load of good concept albums.  But
> you're right... I can't really think of any American concept albums off
> the top of my head, (from the 70's) but I can think of a lot of new ones.
> (And most of them are GOOD, too.)
>
> ---
>   _________                            __
>  /   _____/____    _____ _____  _____ |  |
>  \_____  \\__  \  /     \\__  \/  __ \|  |
>  /        \/ __ \|  Y Y  |/ __ \ ____/|  |__
> /________ /______\__|_|__/______\_____|_____/
>   http://norumrez.usask.ca/samael/entrance/
>  Page by Carl Norum (carl at norumrez.usask.ca)
>       for Hand of Evil Web Productions

I think you mean The Guess Who as a Canadian group, The Who were/are
indeed British.

As for American groups with concept albums in the '70s a lot of the
stuff the Alice Cooper band put together were 'loose concept' albums,
ie. albums with a theme to them; ex. "Killers," "School Out" and
"Billion Dollar Babies."  Also from Alice's solo career there is always
"Welcome to my Nightmare."
Spirit's "The 12 Dreams of Dr. Sardinicus" (sp?), and "Triangle" by the
Beau Brummels, though these may be from the late 60's I forget.

I'm sure if I got up and looked at my record collection I could come up
with a few more.
Guess the problem with the American groups at the time was that most of
them were getting grossly over shadowed by their pop or radio friendly
counter parts (but is'nt that still and always the case??).

 --EF