OFF: Concept Album-o-rama

Chuck Rosenberg chuck at GENESISNETWORK.NET
Wed Sep 3 15:38:39 EDT 1997

----------
> > If you can think of a good concept LP by an American band from the
> > appropriet 70s era, let me know or  let the list know for that.
> >
> > Going for his second BA,
> > Jason Scruton

I can do better than that and name a group who released concept albums in
the '60s, (and who were perhaps the first band to do so?)

FRANK ZAPPA AND THE MOTHERS OF INVENTION

Anyone think that maybe "We're Only In It For The Money" ('68) is perhaps
the quintessential concept album?

"Absolutely Free" ('67) is undoubtably a concept album, also, though
perhaps a bit more loose...

"Joe's Garage" ('79) for a '70s entry.

There's are probably many more also which qualify... Most of their albums
at least had a loose theme, musical or lyrical.

Charlie