OFF: Age and taste

Bob Lennon hawkus at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Sep 10 08:01:05 EDT 1997

>Daniel Wikdahl wrote:
>> This came to my mind when I read the "guitar-hero" mails.
>> I once read an article that quoted a scientific report that said
>> that "the music you listen to when you're 24 is the same [kind of]
>> music that
>> you'll be listening to in the rest of your life".
>> I don't want to have an age-thread again but it would be very
>> interesting if
>> some of you that are older than 35 could tell us about your own
>> experience
>> and opinions on this.
>> I believe this is true.
>>                 -Daniel
well i just turned 35 last month...i guess just in time to qualify to
answer this survey :-}...before i become an old man suffering from   "i
wish i was young again" disease (very terminal).
actually i am still listening to most of what i was listening to when i
was 24 but have added any new bands that have come along that got my
interest. And I also have leaned even more towards the exotic...in the
world music (not to be confused with the trendy "world beat stuff" and
it seems the more primitive...the more exciting...go figure...
i also appreciate the more extreme bands even more like noise bands
etc...
i wonder what i'll be listening to when i'm an old fart?
bl