Ugly covers!

Christian Mumford cannibal at CUTEY.COM
Wed Sep 10 18:08:08 EDT 1997

At 14:09 10.09.97 -0400, you wrote:

>The cover was the only thing I liked on my Yuri Gargarin cd.  Did they
>change covers?
>Mine has two figures on horseback in an open field with some (birch?) trees.
>A rather
>nice wilderness/frontier setting.

I have that version. I thought that was worse than the other one! Looks like
somebody did it in school......

As for covers, I hate the abuse of the Sacred Doremi shield! It's
everywhere!!!
So far I know

Doremi (obviously)
Hawklords Live
Space Ritual vol. II
Live In Space 1990

...plus Nik's used it inside Past Or Future...

As for the SB cover, I too dig the HotMG reference. And somebody thought the
Alien4 cover was lame - why, it's far better than the music! (I think it's
neat illustration).

And, the Cyclops version of California Brainstorm (not the misty bridge, but
band members from cheezy video stills and absolutely decrepid typography) is
horrible. The whole design is awful - good thing the music makes up fer it!

I also agree the friggin Birdyhop Prime (whatever) on Sonic Attack looks
goofy as hell!

Now, the BEST "semi official" cover has to be British Tribal Music! It's so
good (and so is the title) that it fooled me way back when!

A less obvious kickass cover is Zones (the full version w/out the black
border)... to bad the music is pretty crap. Now, I have to mention the
silly drawing inside the Griffin CD (and probably Flicknife LP) of CotBS,
with the band - it's soooooo bad it's almost good, it's the most juvenile
drawing ever saw in a CD that WASN'T intentional.... no wonder the artist
never got paid......

Christian