Ugly covers!

Christian Mumford cannibal at CUTEY.COM
Fri Sep 12 10:25:19 EDT 1997

For those unfortunately stupid/crazy to buy this, the absolutely cheapest,
sleaziest piece of crap cover "design" (I use the word quite liberally) has
to be the "Hawkwind - The Best Of" CD (MATCD293). Granted, it's a super
cheapo
sleeze things from our friendly Castle Communications' compilation dept.
(people take note: their designer for most of the cheezy comps is one mr.
Brian
Burrows - send this guy hate mail c/o Castle).

Anyway, the cover art (they use the same generic design for all comps in the
series, including such essentials as "Golden Piano Hits - Norrie Paramor &
His Orchestra", "Spanish Eyes: Strings Go Latin" and "Wembley Military
Tattoo")
has some pics from the booklet of the IITBOTFTBD, and despite every single
song on the CD is live, it sports the claim "ORIGINAL RECORDINGS" in big
bold letters, with the exception of Silver Machine for some reason.
All the stuff here is from the Anthology material, and the only good thing
about this is that the sound is far, far better! Sounds remastered, which
strangely is a very good reason to pick it up!

Very strange - they bother to remaster it but mr. Burrows bangs out a cover
design during his lunchbreak.

Christian