Strange Daze - Labor of Love / Labor of Lo$$

Duane Hoyt gs590 at CLEVELAND.FREENET.EDU
Fri Sep 19 17:25:10 EDT 1997

Reply to message from mpower at FCMC.COM of Thu, 18 Sep

>>  No. Jim made sure the band was taken care of.  Any losses were
>>absorbed by the promoters.  This was a labor of love, folks.
>>

>>Wylie
>
>Yes indeed, Jim Lascko took the loss on Strange Daze 97.
>We (B0RN to G0) made $100 gas money from the event (as
>did most of the other bands) which I asked Jim to keep to
>defray his own significantly greater expenses (he wouldn't).
>
>I have suggested that he should use the 24-track ADAT copy of the
>gig to issue a Strange Daze 97 CD to make up for the loss and get
>some money together for the show next year, but I don't think that
>has has the financial resources available to do that right now.
>
>Any ideas?

The CD idea might be a bit out of the range of a possibility by Jim,
but talking to him yesterday, he shared an idea that IS in his
control and abilities, that he needs a bit of help from us with.
It seems he had arranged to have the show filmed, using three
cameras, and was going to edit it all together and make a video
but the people who were going to shoot it didn't for reasons I am
not aware of.  He then tried to film it with his camera, but it
went on the fritz.  He has some of the show, but needs to get in
touch with anybody else who filmed it.  You can call Jim Lasko
at 216-252-6148.  Your help is needed and appreciated.  Or email
him at jmfinity at harbornet.com.

Thanks,

Duane

--
Back to the Earth I screamed, and no one listened to me.
Back to the Earth I lived, and they all followed.