BOC: Live '76

BREVARD, Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Mon Sep 22 08:28:02 EDT 1997

>PS: remember, I'm into Hawkwind and don't give a rat's ass
> about sound quality - actually I prefer alot of crap recordings! :)

>This album features some of Al's most furious drumming too.  Sound
>quality goes in and out, but it isn't a bad record at all...
>theo

The setlist gets five spoons.  The cd sound quality gets 2.5 spoons.
The video sound quality gets 3 spoons.  I gave away my cd but kept the
video.  If I want to record a song off it I just do it from the video
and it dosen't sound that bad.  Another little trick I learned form the
recently departed Mr. Rudich.

>Why doesn't Mr. Carter let us drive 90mph, with headphones on, while we're
>smoking the finest Colombian, and wearing sunglasses at night?  It
just ain't >right!

As for the "farked* in the head thread" [*Note; lets dispense with the
profanity whenever we can] the above quip from Eric speaks volumes with
those who are anti-drugs.  Its a pretty good definition.  However there
is nothing wrong with toking a little bit of the organic stuff, chillin'
out at a concert and generally enjoying yourself.  When you bother
others is where the line should be drawn.  But as much as the anti-drug
crowd harp on leaf plant, should people who swallow too many Bud's be
exempt from criticism because beer is legal?  I don't think so.

>wow, new King's X and BOC in 98? what could be better?

Well there is a King's X release schedule for this year but its not
really new.  Its a compilation with some live stuff thrown in.  Will I
buy it OH YEAH.  Plans call for an extended live version of Over My Head
from Woodstock.  That recording alone justifies it.  Don't know if this
is faint or dammning praise but Howard Stern said the only worthwhile
performance at Woodstock was King's X.  To borrow a phrase from one of
their first songs "The King is comming..." BOC we will have to wait and
see, I sure hope that EW hits the streets.

L8er
lil ab  (who's bummed out becuase his vcr went whacko saturday night and
failed to tape the Tick vs. Multiple Santa's; still missing two rare
Tick eps.  Anybody out there got Tick Eps they want to trade? Tick vs.
Reno Nevada is the other one I need.)

OBCD - Savatage, Dead Winter Dead (Sav is stuck in my head and player.)