LEMMY - is it Kilminster or Kilmiste

Ola Nyberg ola.nyberg at SYSTEM3R.SE
Tue Sep 23 06:43:17 EDT 1997

Stalker wanted to know how Lemmy's last name is spelled....

Well, it is definitely Kilmister, NOT Kilminster. His full name is:

Ian Frazier Kilmister
(Born Dec. 24, 1945, Stoke-on-Trent)

He first used (well, okay, he got it) his mother's last name, Willis, and
then changed to his (real) father's name, Kilmister, in the late sixties.
His real father, a vicar, left Lem and his mom when he was just a kid. When
one has heard Lemmy's lovesong to his father, "Poison" on the Bomber album
(1979), one wonders why he chose to take his name...

The last verse of "Poison":
My father, he used to be a preacher,
Never taught me nothing but scorn,
If I ever catch him on the street, yeah,
I'll make him wish he'd never been born,
He was Poison,
Guess he poisoned my life
He was Poison,
I wish my mother wasn't his wife, no!