HW:Gloucs gig on Sunday

J Strobridge eset08 at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Sun Sep 28 19:28:25 EDT 1997

M S Wright writes:

> This is just to confirm that the HW gig on Sunday at Gloucester Leisure
> Centre is cancelled. Tickets will be accepted at Swindon on the 10th Nov.
> The reason it was cancelled was 'not enough tickets sold'.
>
> I guess that if the nearest venue to Gloucester is Swindon this means the
> Bristol gig is off, which was meant to be the following Sunday. This is
> backed up by it not being on the web page. Things are pretty diasppointing
> for us Southern England fans, no Gloucester, Bristol, Oxford, Reading
> gigs, well, there is the re-arranged Oxford one, and we still have
> Guildford.
>
> Yours glumly, not going to see Hawkwind this weekend

so why were you not at Whitby then?   8-)

I haven't compared the following list with the official web page yet but
here's an updated list as produced in the latest Trev Hughes newsletter:
Treat with all due skeptical caution and check first!

Wednesday 1st Oct       Felixstowe, Spa Pavilion
Thursday 2nd            Tunbridge Wells, Assembly Hall
Friday 3rd              Poole, Arts Centre
Monday 6th              Hemel Hempstead, Pavilion
Tuesday 7th             Folkestone, Leas Cliff Pavilion
Wednesday 8th           Norwich, Univ
Friday 10th             Colchester, Charter Hall
Saturday 11th           Kings Lynn, Corn Exchange
Monday 13th             Hayes, Beck Theatre
Friday 17th             Edinburgh, Liquid Rooms
Sunday 19th             Glasgow, The Garage
Monday 20th             Morecombe, the Dome
Tuesday 21st            Manchester, the Ritz
Wednesday 22nd          Blackburn, King George's Hall
Thursday 23rd           Liverpool, Empire
Friday 24th             Southport, Theatre
Saturday 25th           Stoke on Trent. Trentham Gardens
Monday 27th             Leeds, the Irish Centre
Tuesday 28th            Wolverhampton, Civic Theatre
Friday 31st             London, Shepherds Bush Empire
Saturday 1st Nov        Guildford, Civic Theatre
Sunday 2nd              Sheffield, City Hall
Monday 3rd              Rhyl, New Pavillion Theatre
Thursday 6th            Newport, Centre
Saturday 8th            Oxford, Zodiac
Sunday 9th              Swansea, Penyrheol Leisure Centre
Monday 10th             Swindon, Wyvern Theatre

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at holyrood.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk