HW: Covers All, Tape 5 (was: Re: HW: Kula Shaker Hurry on Sundown)

Doug Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Wed Apr 22 19:11:11 EDT 1998

If necessary, I can supply the asteriked (*) tracks:

On Wed, 22 Apr 1998 09:33:50 -0500, Allan T Grohe Jr
<Allan.T.Grohe.Jr at MAIL.SPRINT.COM> wrote:

>The current listing of such a tape would be, per my Tape 5 Covers To Be
>Archives:
>
>Architectural Metaphor- The Golden Void (*)
>
>Amorphis-
>
>Brain Surgeons- Needle Gun and Hassan I Sabha
>
>Pseudo Sun- Assault and Battery/Golden Void
>
>the original Monster Magnet *demo* of Brainstorm (*)

Actually, I think this one's already on one of the first few volumes, under
the moniker "Airport 75" (one of the many names they used pre-MM).  One of
these days, I'll have to recount the story of trying to get permission to
use that one for 'Assassins of Silence' ...

>'Destroy All Monsters' version of the Right Stuff

... right, Dark Carnival's ...

>Covered by Born to Go (Marc Power):
>Lord of the Hornets
>Hassan I Sabbah
>Steppenwolf
>The Right Stuff
>Orgone Accumulator
>Uncle Sam's on Mars
>Master of the Universe
>Silver Machine
>Brainstorm
>Aerospaceage Inferno
>
>101 Theremins (featuring Paul Love) performing "Psonik Attahk" (*)
>
>'SpaceAge', the new ST37 CD/LP+7" on Black Widow includes (as
>mentioned on the list a week or two ago) a cover of
>"Orgone Accumulator" (*)
>
>Kula Shaker, Hurry On Sundown (on Sound of Drums singles)

... and, coming from a purely nepotistic perspective (that is, I play bass
& electronics on both of these), I could add:

Terminal Lids Waste Band - "Ejection" (starts as pure heavy rock, ends as
pure noise)

Dogbreath - "Back on the Streets" (1-1/2 minutes of loud fast punk rock)

        -Doug
         ceres at sirius.com