HW: Covers All, Tape 5 (was: Re: HW: Kula Shaker Hurry on Sundown) and KREL

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Thu Apr 23 11:04:36 EDT 1998

Guy wrote:

> How can I buy some copies of these tapes please Paul?

I don't know.  I don't have a tape recorder, alas, so I can't run you
off a copy myself.  The project was, as I remember, run on a
cost-recovery basis.  There was a person acting as a distributor in the
USA and one in the UK who bought a bulk batch of tapes and did the
duplicating.  (I think Allan Grohe was the USA contact.)  I don't
remember how much a set cost, but it was cheap.

I'm sure if you sent some blanks to the UK distributor (Dave Hardman??),
he'd run you off a copy.  (And, if you have access to a PostScript
printer, you could download the tape inserts yourself and print them
out.  I could even convert them to PDF if that helped.)

> Here are some other versions that you may not have come across, from a list
> that Brian Tawn supplied to me a few years back:
[...]
> On Tape: (This time I do have copies!):
>
> Led Condom - Silver Machine/Spirit of the Age - me and some mates, live Oct
>             1992 (video soundtrack from a private gig - bit of a laugh really!)
> Krel - Where are they Now (pre-Spacehead)Live'92, Supporting HW (mix desk)
> Krel - Infinity (studio - Absolutely SUPERB - better than HW)
> Krel - Opa Loka (studio - Again, 'kin marvellous version)
> Krel - rough demos of about 45/50 mins of other HW trax
> Krel - new DAT of HW covers iminent.

Well, I hear they're soliciting material for Tape 5... ;-)

Cheers,

Paul.

obCD: Deep Purple, _Made in Japan_

e-mail: paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu

"I didn't mean to take up all your sweet time"
        --- James Marshall Hendrix