OFF: Tape Project

Torgo Sedler drtorgo at HOTMAIL.COM
Sun Apr 26 07:43:40 EDT 1998

Hi Kids!

OK, I have been keeping an eye on the tape project idea and you may
count me in. I have a quick question however.....

Is there some kind of rule about tape QUALITY for this thing? I mean,
not to get too picky, but I can remember too many times I have been
involved in a long distance tape trade and have sent the other guy an
excellent quality tape (a type II) and then when my prize appears in my
mailbox it is on some god awful sounding tape that looks like it came in
one of those "3 for $.99" K-mart special packs, and has also been
recorded over several 100 times by his little brother.

Of course, I will take what I get, but it would be a shame to go through
all this to turn people on to new music and then have it get tossed in
the trash after only one agonizing listen.

Still not sure what bands I am going to toss out there. This could get
VERY strange and miles away from BOC and Hawkwind, or it may end up
being something very mainstream, who can say. I have to be honest here,
I *DID* toy with the idea of a RUSH comp, but just my luck it would go
to someone who liked it. I mean, where the hell is the fun in THAT? :^D

Off to sift through some piles of old vinyl. This one could be a
scratchy son of a bitch.............

Torgo has left the building.......
Torgo at norwich.net     DrTorgo at hotmail.com
http://welcome.to/torgos