BOC Review of Aug 13th show.

J. Michael Looney mlooney at IONET.NET
Fri Aug 14 02:38:12 EDT 1998

BOC in Wichita KS Aug 13th, 1998

This show was at “Incahoots” which is a country bar.   Had some where
between 700 and 1800 people in the club.  (various estimates, mine being
about 1000)  Club is a converted aircraft hanger, FWIW.

Non Musical Highlights:
The dude asking my wife (The retired exotic dancer) to flash her tits at
the concert security.  She didn’t :-(

Musical notes.
Nazareth.  They played.  Enough said on that subject.  (my wife says
that about 5 of their songs were “real good”.  She likes “Tool” and “The
Red Hot Chile Peppers” also. You make your own call here)  They did find
the problems with the mixing board.  This helped April Wine & BOC.
Granted I did like the lead singer doing the Highland pipes during “The
Hair of the Dog” AKA  (“Now your messing with a Son of a Bitch”).   I
might add that he is not that good of a piper.

April Wine.  Some what better.  Long kick ass drum solo.  I also liked
“Gypsy Queen”.   Their bass player was BTO’s bassist for what it is
worth.

Blue Oyster Cult:
Set List:
Burning For You
Cities on Flame
ETI
Harvest Moon
Buck’s Boogie
This Ain’t the Summer of Love
The Vigil
 Live for Me
Flaming Telepaths
See you in Black
Last Days of May
Godzilla
Don’t Fear The Reaper
Encore of Dominance and Submission.

General notes:

I REALLY wanted to hear “In Thee” and “The Red and the Black” live.  Oh
well.    Buck is in the top of his form.  Really showed what a GREAT
guitar player he is.  The band sounded really tight.   Eric seemed to
letting Buck do a lot, and he was playing a lot of keyboards.  Alan
seems to be trying quit smoking.  He only smoked 2 during the whole show
(one at the start, one at the end)  [That I saw, Vickie says she saw him
smoke one in the middle]  When Eric was singing, however, his voice
sounded great.  Did not hear any problems.

I did meet Ric at the show, and I am sure that when he gets back to a
computer he will post his view of the show.   (I want his bike, for what
it worth.   Nice Harley he has
.)  Vickie says that he can take her for
a ride around town any time he wants.