BRAIN: Thoughts about the new album

Andrew A. Apold mordru at FLITE.NET
Thu Aug 27 12:13:50 EDT 1998

>Some thoughts about the double album:
>
>The upcoming double album seems like a slight change in direction for
>the Surgeons- with more input from Peter and Billy.  I wonder if the
>album artwork will reflect this shift?  Will we see another Steve
>Brodner cover?  (Trep is my favorite so far)  Or will they use stock
>photography?  Will the liner be sparse, or will there be extensive liner
>notes and lyrics?  And of course, what will the title be? (Remember, it
>starts, or did start, with "P".)

As for liner notes.....

I don't mind the URL pointing to a place to get lyrics instead
of printing them, as a cost saving move.....   though I would
like it if said site had something you could print out (say, on
.pdf that would be usable on any system) as liner notes....

Besides, with a double case (unless it's one of those slimline
things (mine always break within 1 week, don't care, I toss out
all my jewel cases anyways) you can cram a lot of stuff in there...

(I'm pretty sure you could find plenty of people around here willing
to whip something up....)

My latest prediction for the album title:

"Premedication"

 And he took the stars in his hands
 and as he scattered them he'd shout:
 "I'm the Joker of the Universe!
  I'm What it's all about!"

  - "The Great Sun Jester"
   by Blue Öyster Cult (Eric Bloom, Michael Moorcock)

-AAA