Weird tapes & dates

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Thu Dec 3 11:49:02 EST 1998

Bernhard Pospiech writes:

> Hi again
>
> At 14:23 03.12.98 +0000, you wrote:
> >Weird 101 - Sonic Assassins/ Dave Brock
>
> All tracks are from Barnstaple, Queensway Hall, 23.12.1977

Presumably "The War" isn't. Is that a Brock Demo like the rest of side B
of the tape?

> >Weird 102 - Hawkwind Live/ Hawklords
> >TRACK                   DATE            TOWN, VENUE
> >Quark,Strangeness&Charm ??.03.78        USA
> >Masters of the Universe  ?               ?     ?
> >Welcome to the Future    ?               ?     ?
> >Spirit of the Age       ??.03.78        Chicago
> >Sonic Attack             ?               ?     ?
>
> I think that all tracks are from Stonehenge, 22.06.1977

I'd wondered if that was the case, they certainly sound closer to that
year than 1978. I think Chris Sutton had said that he'd got info from
the band that those two tracks were from the US Hawklords tour.

> >Watchfield/Stonehenge  (Festival HAWK1 - UK LP)     [Also Weird 103]
> >TRACK                   DATE            TOWN, VENUE
> >
> >High Rise               22.06.77        Stonehenge Festival
> >Damnation Alley         22.06.77        Stonehenge Festival
> >Uncle Sam's on Mars     22.06.77        Stonehenge Festival
> >Robot                   22.06.77        Stonehenge Festival
> >Cake Out                23.08.75        Watchfield Festival
> >Circles                 23.08.75        Watchfield Festival
> >Elements                23.08.75        Watchfield Festival
> >Slap it on de Table      ?               ?     ?
>
> I agree

Any idea where "Slap it on ..." might have appeared from?

> >Where are they Now?      ?               ?     ?
>
> No idea

I suspect this is actually a Brock demo. I've pestered him occasionally
to do a full length version of the track but no luck so far.

> Bernhard

FoFP