BOC: Feet/Knees ...stuff

Ted Jackson jr. s2h2 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Fri Dec 4 14:26:55 EST 1998

 From:          "BREVARD, Adrian R." <abrevard at SHL.COM>

> Does anybody know what the standard opening song was circa 74-75? Stairways
> perhaps?  I know I saw them in '75 and do recall them playing everything off
> Feet/Knees but I'll be damned if I can recall what the opener was.

Stairway was definitely BOC's opener in the early days.  I was
completly shocked when OYF... came out, with Subhuman as opener.  I
saw BOC in support of ST, and they didn't play subhuman at all, let
alone as opener.  I then saw them touring behind OYF, and, guess
what?  Stairway was the opener, and again, no Subhuman!

> Listening to Subhuman with headphones I found a few things I never really
> noticed before.
>
> Best Bass I've ever heard from Joe.  Phenomenal on this track.
>
> Eric is playing some pretty good stun guitar, vocals are definitely top
> notch.

Is it Eric or Allen?  EB played a lot of synth around that time.
Don't have the albums here to check...

> This is not Buck's best solo guitar work.  If anything he really sounds
> restrained with headphones on.

As great as BD is, he struggled a bit live in the early days.
He could be brilliant in one part, and so-so in the next.
Nowadays, he's flat-out [ouch!] brilliant live...

theo

ps
Has BOC stopped touring for a while?  All the web sites I've seen
only show a couple gigs.  Any chance they'll follow the CMC pattern,
and put out a live one?  Holy shit that would be great, esp. if they
include the balls-out version of Telepaths theyre doing now!

theo