BOC: Feet/Knees ...stuff

Mon Dec 7 13:17:38 EST 1998

>I have never seen a more gimmicky (is that a word?) display.

That's KISS for you.  And, while some of their music is arguably good
(I can certainly tap my foot to a lot of their stuff), KISS is image
first, music second -- always was, always will be.

And, like you say, "gimmicky, but entertaining".  Sometimes I think folks
who have "sophisticated" tastes (e.g., being a BOC fan), fail to miss the
fact that stuff can be just downright FUN without having any deep meaning.
It's like eating Filet Mignon vs. cotton candy.

>3D Screen, complete with glasses
>Trapezing Stanley to the sound board (and his own private stage)
>Confetti Cannons.

The above stuff, from your list, is probably the only stuff that's really
new (although they've used confetti for years, just not necessarily in
a canon).  For the most part, KISS relies heavily live today on the same
stuff that they were known for in the 70s - lights, smoke, fire, and blood.

Fun stuff...   :-)

John