Man 1999 Party

Chris Warburton desdinova at EARTHLING.NET
Mon Dec 7 14:47:02 EST 1998

At 12:34 07/12/98 +0100, you wrote:
>That was the line-up with Micky, Deke
>and Terry together with Malcolm Morley and Ken Whaley
>from the much missed Help Yourself....... I also have a
>recording of the Helps' American Mother from the same tour -
>one of the few times Man played that Malcolm Morley song.
>A shame that that and another Morley song Blown Away,
>which was also played on that tour, weren't also included
>- that would have made it perfect.
>
>Steve B.

I can remember "Blown Away" being a real highlight of the set on the
Rhinos... tour.  When we saw them on that tour, Deke had just taken
delivery of a John Birch customised SG (in the trademark "zebra" colour
scheme...) and it wouldn't stay in tune. Deke said "Anybody wanna buy a
guitar?", needless to say, he declined my mate's shouted offer of "Twenty
quid?"!!!

ChrisW
ObReissues: 1st 3 John Surman albums on DERAM.  I understand that the whole
of that label's vintage back catalogue is being reviewed for re-issue by
Polygram.

Free your mind & watch your ass!