OFF: The Hip

Stephen Swann swann at PLUTONIA.COM
Mon Dec 7 18:36:30 EST 1998

Laj Waldner writes:
> Stephen Swann wrote:
> > Hey, I just saw the Tragically Hip a couple of weeks ago, and it was
> > so loud it made my pants leg resonate. I was 15' from the stage, and I
> > *wasn't* wearing earplugs.  And I can *still* tell that the _Spectres_
> > CD is badly mastered.  So, nyeah!  ;-)
>
> Cool Stephen, im going to the Hip in February, greatest Canadian band in
> history in my opinion :-). The last Hip show I was at the sound level
> was quite high too, going to have to bring ear plugs. What song are they
> opening with? Still "Grace Too" I hope.

To be honest, I have no idea.  I am unfamiliar with their material
since _Fully Completely_ (now that I live in the radio wastelend of
NYC/NJ).  I saw the show advertised a couple of weeks before it
happened, and didn't have a chance to "catch up" with their newer
material beforehand, so I didn't recognise probably half of the songs.
But they sounded top notch (not that I'd expect anything
different).  :-)

Steve
swann at plutonia.com