Couldn't wait...

Dave Berry daveb at HARLEQUIN.CO.UK
Tue Dec 8 09:14:14 EST 1998

At 14:46 07/12/98 -0500, Stephen Swann wrote:
>C'mon, it's not audiophilia until people start with the green magic
>markers, unidirectional wires, and putting sand in their speaker
>boxes.  We're just talking good old sane, rational mid-fi. ;-)

I'm slightly embarrased to admit that I do indeed have unidirectional
speaker cables.  It wasn't my fault, honest!  It's just that everybody
recommended Naim cables for Naim amplifiers, and they did indeed sound
better.  I was really surprised to find a purist firm like Naim (whose amps
have no tone controls or other paraphernalia) producing unidirectional cables.

I haven't tried green marker pens yet.  Do you think I should? ;-).  My
last "tweak" was to put a paving slab under each speaker, because the
floorboards are wobbly!  Very hi-tech -- it cost me all of 2 quid (and did
improve the sound).

Dave.

Dave Berry, Languages Group Manager.
Harlequin Ltd., Lismore House, 127 George St, Edinburgh, EH2 4JN, UK.
Tel: +44 131 240 6106.