BOC: Reference to BOC in Edinburgh was 'Police Academy' movie?

Zeitgeist xzx28 at DIAL.PIPEX.COM
Thu Dec 10 12:24:55 EST 1998

For most of my teenage clubbing years there was a nightclub in Edinburgh
called the Blue Oyster Club (in Rose Street Lane for those Edinburgh
resident listees).

Godawful place with no redeeming features bar that one redeeming teenage
necessity - the opposite gender, in large, available, quantities.

If that wasn't your bag, you went to Fire Island, where they used to play
Joan Crawford, on request on a Friday Night.

At 17:14 09/12/1998 -0800, you wrote:
>Greetings...
>
>This isn't listed in the FAQ as a 'BOC-sighting' in a movie, and I
>wondered if it was just my memory playing tricks or if others could verify
>it.
>I seem to recall that in some terrible movie from the early 80's--and I
>think it was in the first Police Academy movie though I can't be sure of
>this--there was a bar named 'The Blue Oyster Club.'  The bar was populated
>with gay bikers dressed in leather, a la Eric B.  Anyone know if this is a
>legitimate slur on BOC's good name, and why?
>
>Warrick Bell
>
><wbell at techno.king.net>
>http://techno.king.net/~wbell/
>http://www.library.csi.cuny.edu/westweb/

Zeitgeist-Reflections Of The Underground
Shamrock Multimedia, PO Box 13499, Edinburgh EH6 8YL, UK
http://www.zeitgeist-scot.com