BOC: Metallica's _Astronomy_

Warrick Bell wbell at TECHNO.KING.NET
Sun Dec 13 00:12:29 EST 1998

Has anybody heard Metallica's cover of 'Astronomy' on their new
Garage, Inc. double-disc? I remember reading something Albert Bouchard
mentioned on this list a few years ago about how Metallica's 'Harvester of
Eyes' was something of a tribute to BOC and Albert's influence on Lars's
drumming.
I saw the album the other day but didn't look closely enough to see
Astronomy in the title list.  The latest Entertainment Weekly however has
a review of the album which mentions "Forgotten album tracks by Blue
Oyster Cult ('Astronomy') and Black Sabbath..."
As well as wondering how well the cover version works, I'm wondering
whether the Secret Treaties or the Imaginos version was used.

Warrick Bell

<wbell at techno.king.net>
http://techno.king.net/~wbell/
http://www.library.csi.cuny.edu/westweb/