BOC: Metallica's _Astronomy_

Laj Waldner erebus7 at DLCWEST.COM
Sun Dec 13 03:23:19 EST 1998

Warrick Bell wrote:

> Has anybody heard Metallica's cover of 'Astronomy' on their new
> Garage, Inc. double-disc? I remember reading something Albert Bouchard
> mentioned on this list a few years ago about how Metallica's 'Harvester of
> Eyes' was something of a tribute to BOC and Albert's influence on Lars's
> drumming.
> I saw the album the other day but didn't look closely enough to see
> Astronomy in the title list.  The latest Entertainment Weekly however has
> a review of the album which mentions "Forgotten album tracks by Blue
> Oyster Cult ('Astronomy') and Black Sabbath..."
> As well as wondering how well the cover version works, I'm wondering
> whether the Secret Treaties or the Imaginos version was used.
>
> Warrick Bell
>
> <wbell at techno.king.net>
> http://techno.king.net/~wbell/
> http://www.library.csi.cuny.edu/westweb/

Haven't heard it yet either, well not in entirety, but happy to say from
what I heard it sounds pretty good. Now about that "Harvester of Eyes"
cover of Metallica, when how and where did they do this? Did they put
this on another album? I would be interested to hear Metallica cover
that song, I think they would do a great job of it :-).

Laj.