BOC: Metallica's _Astronomy_

Warrick Bell wbell at TECHNO.KING.NET
Mon Dec 14 12:38:27 EST 1998

Uh, yeah, I meant 'Harvester of Sorrow' is a BOC-influenced song.

I haven't listened to the track in years and my copy of the album is in
another country so I can't see if there are any BOC references explicit in
the lyrics, but from memory I don't really think there are.  I doubt that
there's much on the '...and Justice for All' album that's sonically akin
to BOC because of that album's heavy overdubbing and layering and the fact
that Metallica at that time used rather different chord structures to BOC
and few to no keyboards or synths.

BTW and FWIW, Metallica are really at their best when their stuff is
unproduced and gritty, like most of their cover songs are.  I certainly
plan on getting the new "covers" album soon, and not just for the BOC
either, despite having most of its contents in various forms already.
Glad to hear there's a soundbite available; have to go check that out
momentarily.

Warrick Bell

<wbell at techno.king.net>
http://techno.king.net/~wbell/